B490 Fall 2012: Natural Language Processing
- when and where: Lindley Hall 008, Tuesdays/Thursdays, 2:30pm
- instructor: Alex Rudnick
(alexr@indiana, office hours: M/W, 2:00-3:30pm, Lindley Hall 330I, or by
- ta: Can Liu (liucan@indiana, office hours: M/W 10am-11:30am, Lindley Hall
- complete calendar, for your convenience! (see below)
- official syllabus here
- textbook: Speech and Language
Processing (2nd edition) by Jurafsky and Martin.
Probably the most important part of the class is the homeworks. Spend some
time on them. They are lovingly hand-crafted, or perhaps lifted from other NLP
classes that I think are good. They were lovingly hand-crafted by
Homeworks are due an hour before class on Thursdays, usually every other
Thursday. "Homework pings" are due a week in advance, just to make sure
everybody gets started.
- hw1, due at 1:30pm on Thursday 30 August
- hw2, due at 1:30pm on Thursday 13 September
- hw3, due at 1:30pm on Thursday 11 October
- hw4, due at 1:30pm on Thursday 25 October
- hw5, due at 1:30pm on Thursday 15 November
There's a course project. Please work in small
groups, ideally of size two or three.
Class Notes and Schedule
Class notes and the schedule
are being developed here...